Here is a description for the Sunshine Award shared by Matt Renwick:
The Sunshine award gives others an opportunity to learn more about me as a blogger and then, in turn, I will send sunshine the way of 11 other amazing bloggers for you to get to know!and the rules:
- When you look out the window or door of your house, what do you see? (What's your favorite view?) When I look out the patio door I see a creek and a few wild creatures, even though my house is in the suburbs. Some of the critters I have observed are deer, great horned owls, hawks, bats and coyotes. I love that I can live in a subdivision but still enjoy a slice of nature as if I lived out in the country.
- Ocean or mountains? Most definitely ocean.
- What is the best vacation you've ever taken? A cruise to Alaska. The scenery was breath taking and the glaciers were stunning. Before we boarded the cruise ship we spent a day in Vancouver and it was so much fun!
- What is the best book you read in 2013? This is a really tough question. I really enjoyed Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan and Mindset by Carol Dweck. It was too hard to pick just one, sorry.
- Who is your favorite book character? Willow Chance from Counting by 7s. Why? She was a very unique and different character who was trying to fit in and get through a very difficult time in her life. Her unique qualities touched and changed the lives of Dell, Mai, Quang-ha, Pattie and Jairo in such a heartwarming way.
- What is the one thing you wish you could have someone else to do for you? Decorate my house.
- What inspires you? My husband, other educators, my colleagues, #nerdlution and getting writing advice from authors on twitter.
- What do you make time for? My family, reading, writing, and trying to make more time for walking my 2 dogs.
- If you could spend a month on any continent with your expenses paid, where would you go? Why? Europe because I would love to visit Paris and Barcelona.
- What are your favorite games to play? I really don't play games but I would play Guess Who and Battleship with my son when he was younger.
- If you could make one change in the world, what would you want to change? For every child to have their basic needs met and to live in a safe environment.